Potato & Leek Soup.
You can have Potato & Leek Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato & Leek Soup
- You need 4 of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Leeks.
- You need 3 of Mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of Large Onion.
- Prepare 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Celery Stalk.
- Prepare 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon.
- You need 4 1/2 Cups of Chicken Stock.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- You need of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s of Parsley Flakes.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 4 Tbs of Butter.
- It’s Half of & Half.
Potato & Leek Soup instructions
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks..
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer..
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in..
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way)..
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon..