Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers.
You can have Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers
- You need 8 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1-1.5 kg of Lean ground beef.
- It’s 0.5 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of uncooked white rice.
- It’s 2 cups of salsa.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of cream cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Holmstead Cookin': Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops off of your Bell Peppers. We recommend Orange / Yellow for the perfect level of sweetness. Clean any seeds out of them, and place them (cut side down) on a foiled baking sheet. Add 1.5 cups of water to the baking sheet. Then cover with tin foil, and place in the oven for 25 minutes..
- Cook your rice as directed, and place in a bowl..
- Brown the ground beef (adding salt and pepper to taste), and once browned stir in the cream cheese, and mix well. Then move the mixture to a bowl..
- Dice the onion into small fine pieces, and fry the onion and garlic in oil until browned..
- Mix the rice, beef, and onion/garlic mixture together, adding salsa as you mix..
- Remove the peppers from the oven, place the tin foil cover aside, and drain away the water. Flip the peppers over, and fill with the beef mixture. Add cheese on top..
- Re-cover, and place back in the oven for 20 minutes. Then remove the cover and place back in the oven for 10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy..