Mamaw's Orange Soup.
You can cook Mamaw's Orange Soup using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mamaw's Orange Soup
- You need 2 lbs of chuck roast (cut in 4" chucks).
- You need 2-28 oz of cans of whole tomatoes.
- Prepare 16.9 oz of container of beef bone broth.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s of Romano shredded cheese.
Mamaw's Orange Soup step by step
- Brown the chuck roast chunks in large pot with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add two 28 oz cans whole tomatoes, cutting the tomatoes with a knife while still in the can..
- Add bone broth.
- Add 2 stalks of celery cut in half and add some leaves, and 1 large onion quartered.
- Bring to boil, then cover and turn down to a little higher then a simmer, so that you see the liquid move a little.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Press the tomatoes against the side of the pan….slowly as they will squirt).
- Taste, add salt and pepper and additional water as needed. Be careful not to water down the broth.
- Cook until meat is tender, (about an hour) Stir 2-3 times while it cooks..
- Remove beef and set aside. Take out onions and celery and any pieces of tomatoes left and squeeze them against the side of a strainer, then discard..
- Clean and shred meat and store in a separate container. Add a little bit of broth to keep the beef moist..
- If you have an extra day, place the pot in fridge over night and skim the hardened fat off the top the next day..
- Cook your choice of pasta in the complete soup broth.
- Add shredded beef.
- Serve with grated romano cheese.
- Eat with buttered crusty bread. Use leftover beef to make sandwiches!.