Barbacoa for tacos.
You can cook Barbacoa for tacos using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Barbacoa for tacos
- You need 1 of Rumba beef cheek.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 of large yellow onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
Barbacoa for tacos instructions
- Unpackage, rinse the beef cheek, and place in your crock pot..
- Sprinkle Salt evenly over the meat (yes ALL of it)..
- Slice the 1/2 onion into three equal pieces. Peel garlic cloves and slice each in half. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaves to the crock pot. (I like to find little crevices in the meat to wedge them into).
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 12 hours or Cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours..
- The barbacoa is ready when it's tender to separate with a fork..
- TIPS: *Do not add water! The beefcheek will provide enough liquid on its own. *If cooking on High; check halfway throughout cooking to ensure none of the ingredients are sticking to the side of the pot..