Sausage and Kale Soup.
You can have Sausage and Kale Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Kale Soup
- It’s 6 cups of Kale.
- You need 4 of Garlic Cloves (minced).
- Prepare 1 of small Onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian Sausage (either Mild or Hot).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Prepare 12 cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need 6 of Russet medium Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
Sausage and Kale Soup step by step
- In a pot add the tablespoon Olive Oil. Sauté the garlic and onions and the 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes for about 2 minutes or until Onions are transparent. Mix in the Italian Sausage (either Mild or Hot) and Black Pepper. Brown the sausage and break them up into pieces..
- Add the Chicken Broth into the pot. Bring to a boil. Once boiling add the potatoes. Bring to a boil again. Once it's boiling turn down the heat to low to medium heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft but not overly soft..
- Add the Heavy Whipping cream. And bring the soup to a boil. Then at the end add the Kale. Enjoy..