Classic Caesar salad.
You can cook Classic Caesar salad using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Caesar salad
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, smashed then minced.
- You need 4 loaves of bread, sliced into cubes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly juiced lemon.
- It’s 3 of anchovies smashed and minced.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 300 g of chicken breast fillet, butterflied and malleted.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan, grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 250 g of ice berg lettuce, rinsed, patted dry.
- You need of 1 tbsp Paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
Classic Caesar salad step by step
- Make the dressing: mix the lemon juice, half the parmesan cheese, egg and anchovies in a mixing bowl and gradually add oil while whisking it to emulsify. The lemon should give an edge to the dressing but not overwhelm it. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Make the croutons: sprinkle paprika over the sliced bread and mix well. Heat butter in a pan and add the bread cubes, toast well until crispy and browned then remove from heat..
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Pan fry until well done and slice into strips..
- Tear off chunks of the ice berg lettuce: using your hands, tear off the chunks of the lettuce from its heads. Chop using your hands to desired sizes..
- Toss lettuce and anchovie dressing together, make sure to not overdress the lettuce as no one likes a soggy salad!.
- Plate the salad and serve..