Potato salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is widely believed to have originated in Germany, spreading largely throughout Europe and later to European colonies.
Basically, there's my mom's recipe, which is perfect. Most potato salad recipes combine cooked potatoes, chopped onion, and other vegetables, sometimes eggs, and some type of salad dressing or mayonnaise. This classic potato salad is what you want! You can cook Potato salad using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato salad
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 8 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of vinegar (not mandatory).
- Prepare 1/2 table spoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 2 of boiled eggs.
- Prepare 2 slices of hams.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
It's made with boiled potatoes, sour cream, mayo, green onions, celery, parsley, pickles and bacon. A classic potato salad updated with a herby soured cream dressing, perfect for serving with fish Our classic potato salad recipe is the perfect barbecue side dish, great for picnic spreads or paired with. Find the best potato salad recipes listed first so you find the recipe you want fast. These fresh and tasty potato salad recipes are ideal for serving along any protein that's gracing your grill this summer.
Potato salad instructions
- Sprinkle a little salt on the sliced cucumbers and leave. Squeeze when it gets moist..
- Cut hams and eggs into small pieces..
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and put it in a microwave safe plate. Cover the plate with plastic wrap and microwave for 7min..
- Crush the potatoes with a masher or the back of a spoon..
- Add mayo, vinegar, sugar into a crushed potatoes and mix..
- Add cucumber, ham, eggs into potatoes and mix..
- Sprinkle som salt and pepper..
Here's every idea you need to make the Below, find our classic potato salad recipe. This is packed with hard boiled eggs (which we. Potato Salad Lyrics: Yo, now you gon' start me from the top? Germans traditionally toss their potatoes in vinegar instead of mayo. This version honors the classic preparation, and then tosses in some bacon and sauteéd onions.