Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce. #originalnakedchefOriginal Naked Chef demonstrates how to make mint sauce which is perfect with Lamb. Very easy video recipe and perfect to serve up with. Spoon some of the sauce over each chicken breast, and serve, with the remaining sauce on the side.
Roasted Chicken with Clementine-and-Cranberry Sauce. roast chicken thighs. (Image credit: Charlie Richards). For a speedy one pan dinner that makes a fab alternative to a whole roast chicken, these roast chicken thighs have the delicate flavour of lemon and mint and go so well with all the usual Sunday roast trimmings. The chicken is bland despite an overnight marinade time and the deep cuts into the meat. You can cook Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce
- You need 1 of whole roasting chicken, about 1 1/2 kg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lingonberry jam (Ikea calls it a spread).
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 of shallot, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh mint, finely chopped.
Save your chutney for a dipping sauce with samosas or other Indian treats and make tandoori chicken instead. Instead of cranberry sauce this year, explore the world of lingonberries. Real Mint SauceBBC. salt, white wine vinegar, boiling water, mint, caster sugar. You can also fairly easily find lingonberries already made into either lingonberry sauce or lingonberry jam, either of which is fine for these purposes.
Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce step by step
- A day in advance, pat the chicken dry and season it liberally with salt. Don't forget to season inside the cavity. Leave the bird uncovered overnight in the fridge, someplace it can't be disturbed. This will dry out the skin while simultaneously moistening the meat..
- Pull the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking so it can come up to room temperature. Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper with a few tbsp veg oil until it forms a runny paste. Rub or brush the spice paste all over the chicken..
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. When ready, put the chicken on a baking tray with a rack and roast for 1 1/2 hrs, or until the thickest part of the bird reads 165 F. Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before carving..
- Prep the sauce by melting the lingonberry jam in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Add the vinegar, shallot, pepper flakes, a good pinch of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook for 2 minutes. Finish by stirring in the fresh mint and a couple of tbsp water to loosen it. Serve warm with the chicken..
Oh, and I give you full permission to lick your plate after eating these Swedish meatballs. I'm guilty as charged on multiple counts. 🙂. Since we are heading to Michigan for Thanksgiving, we decided to cook a little Fakesgiving dinner here First, I had Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberry Preserves at the Original Pancake Hou. Pork Chops With Rosemary, Port & Lingonberry Sauce Plus Roasted Asparagus. The tangy ginger-lime dipping sauce is also great with other roasted or grilled meats and with steamed fish.