Roast Pork Loin with Apples.
You can have Roast Pork Loin with Apples using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Pork Loin with Apples
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 (3 lb) of boneless pork loin, excess fat trimmed, and tied.
- You need of Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion thickly sliced.
- You need 3 of carrots thickly sliced.
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery thickly sliced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic smashed.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cold butter.
- You need 3 of apples peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices (any type will do but a firmer apple holds up to the baking).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of apple cider.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of whole grain mustard.
Roast Pork Loin with Apples step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit..
- Prep your vegetables and apples..
- In a large ovenproof skillet heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Season the pork loin with salt and pepper. Place pork loin in hot skillet and sear on all sides until golden brown 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the meat to a plate and set aside..
- To the skillet add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, herb sprigs and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until vegetables are browned about 8 minutes. Stir in sliced apples. Scoot the vegetables to the side and nestle the loin in the center of the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven (uncovered) and roast the loin 30-35 minutes until meat thermometer registers 140-150 degrees. It may be slightly pink, this has been deemed safe. If you roast to 165 it will not be as moist..
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Transfer the vegetables and apples to a serving platter, remove the herb sprigs. Leave some juices in the skillet..
- Return the skillet to high heat and add the vinegar scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen up any browned bits. Reduce by half then add the cider and reduce by half again. Remove skillet from heat and whisk in the mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons butter..
- Remove strings from roast, slice and arrange over vegetable apple mixture. Drizzle the sauce over the meat..