You can cook Puto Paw using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puto Paw
- It’s of Asado Filling.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of pork.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch dissolve in ¼ cup water.
- It’s of Rice Cake.
- Prepare 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 4 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of evap milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 pcs of salted duck egg.
Puto Paw instructions
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the cooking oil, sauté the garlic and onion until soft and translucent. Add the pork and cook for 7 minutes or until lightly brown..
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour the cornstarch mixture then season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute or until the sauce thickened. Remove from the pan, let it cool and set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter and milk. Gradually add the water while continuously stirring until well blended..
- Prepare the molders and grease with vegetable oil or melted butter. Pour about 1 tablespoon of batter mixture on each mold..
- Then, put a teaspoonful of asado filling on each mold. Add some more batter up to ¾ full and top with a slice of salted duck egg..
- Place in a steamer basket and steam for 10-15 minutes over boiling water. Remove from the steamer and let it cool for 10 minutes. Gently loosen the Puto Pao from mold and serve..