Dry Rub, Shredded Pork Roast.
You can cook Dry Rub, Shredded Pork Roast using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dry Rub, Shredded Pork Roast
- It’s 4 pound of Pork Shoulder butt roast, boneless.
- Prepare 8 oz. of Water.
- You need of Dry Rub.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Chipotle chili flakes or red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Oregano, dried.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp. of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Cumin, ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of Black pepper, ground.
- It’s of Vegetables (optional).
- You need 2 of whole carrots, washed, trimmed.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, washed, trimmed.
- You need 2 of onions, quartered.
- You need of Garlic, pressed.
Dry Rub, Shredded Pork Roast instructions
- Wash pork roast, let sit in strainer to drip, 5 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Set on a tray to rest before applying dry rub..
- Measure and Mix spices together in a small bowl..
- Apply dry rub all over pork roast.
- Pour 8 oz. of water into a large crock pot. Turn on to "High"..
- Lay vegetables on bottom of crock pot. Rest Rubbed pork roast on top of vegetables. Fat side up..
- Cover and cook 5 hours. Set crock pot to "LOW" for the last 2 hours or until pork falls apart easily..
- Separate fat and place meat chunks and 1-2 Tbsp. Butter in a cast iron skillet for 20-30 minutes, medium heat, uncovered. Stirring so not to burn, but brown. Strain out vegetables from broth. Add 1 cup of broth to keep from drying out..
- Heat off. Cool down 10 minutes..
- Shred with 2 forks while in skillet. Add sea salt and lime juice (1 whole, squeezed) Cover to keep warm..
- Serve in tacos, burritos with rice and beans, or nacho chips, cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo and fresh cilantro..