Kimchi Jjigae Freestyle.
You can cook Kimchi Jjigae Freestyle using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Jjigae Freestyle
- You need 500 g of Kimchi.
- Prepare 500 g to 1 kg of pork belly (depends on the size of the cuts).
- Prepare To taste of Tofu (depends on preference).
- Prepare To taste of Chili paste.
- It’s As needed of Oil.
- It’s To taste of Mushrooms.
- It’s To taste of Sugar.
- Prepare As needed of Water.
- It’s of Chili powder (optional).
Kimchi Jjigae Freestyle instructions
- Put a bit of oil on the pan, about 2-3 tbsp. After the oils heats up, put the kimchi in and stir..
- After few minutes, add the kimchi water (that's the liquid that comes with the kimchi) and add a bit of water and let it boil..
- Once it's boiling, add the pork belly (you can cut it, depending on how big you want)..
- Add the mushrooms (it can be sliced or not, and the type can change depending on want mushroom you like, but careful since it can change the flavor)..
- Add the chili paste and sugar, this is to taste since you might want to make it more spicy or a bit sweet. You can also add some chili powder..
- Lastly add the tofu, you can cut it into slices or cubes and the amount depends on how much meat you added. It should be a little bit lesser that the meat, but you can change it if you like tofu. 😅.
- Let the soup simmer for a few minutes, about 5-10mins..
- Remove from the stove and enjoy your very own kimchi soup ❤️.