You can have Mucbipollo using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mucbipollo
- Prepare leaves of Banana.
- Prepare of Dough.
- It’s 4 cups of Maseca tortilla flour.
- You need 100 g of achiote.
- It’s 150 g of lard.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 500 g of chicken.
- Prepare 500 g of pork (shoulder).
- Prepare 1 cup of Maseca tortilla flour.
- It’s 50 g of achiote.
- Prepare 50 g of lard.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of pepper.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 100 g of onion.
- You need 100 g of tomato Roma.
Mucbipollo step by step
- Put pork and chicken into boiling water and season to taste (salt, pepper, bay leaves).
- Mix flour with water and salt until it becomes actual dough.
- Lightly heat the lard and add achiote and mix until lard becomes red and strain the remaining achiote.
- Keep on mixing the mass adding little by little the red lard until it is soft and not sticky.
- Put the banana leaves through a bit of fire until they soften a bit..
- Put the banana leaf into the container you will use for baking.
- Spread the dough on the banana leaf (not too thick). Make sure that it is deep to hold the filling.
- Mix the chicken and pork broth with a cup of the tortilla flour, achiote and lard. Add the flour little by little and keep stirring with low heat for 15 minutes until it becomes thick. If it is not too thick, add a bit more flour. This is called Ko'ol.
- Cut raw tomato and onion.
- Shred the chicken and pork, mix with the onion AND tomato AND add as filling to the spread dough.
- Add the Ko'ol as a second layer of filling..
- Spread more dough on another banana leaf. This is going to be the cover for the Pib, so make sure it is same-ish size as the container..
- Carefully put cover on top of the Pib..
- Put the pib on the oven at 400 F for 1.5 Hours.
- Take off the oven. Make sure it is crispy. If it is then serve..
- Add some habanero with lime and enjoy..