Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices. Chinese BBQ Ribs are super simple to make and very delicious. In this video I show you how to make Chinese Barbecue Ribs with Chinese Five spice powder and finished with a Hoisin Honey Glaze. If you like Chinese Char Siu, you will love these pork spare ribs!
Once you taste these – the meat is so soft and rich – you'll be hooked, just as I am. The difficult thing about this dish is balance. You don't want to end up with something that is basically salt and sweet; you also need a little freshness and a bit of heat too. You can have Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices
- It’s 4 lb. of pork sparerib strip.
- You need of 5 spices seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 of star anise.
- You need 1 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Sichuan peppercorns.
- You need 3 of whole cloves.
- You need of ginger honey sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp. of minced fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of minced garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of 5 spices seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp. of sesame oil.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
I did the Food Wishes version of these and just about ate myself into a coma. Lacquered with a tangy, garlicky hoisin glaze that's spiked with fragrant Chinese five-spice, these ribs are impressive without being burdensome: There's no grilling or marinating—just two hours in the oven. Remove the spareribs from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or large wok.
Ginger honey sparerib strip with 5 spices instructions
- METHOD Use a grinder machine to pulverize together the 5 spices ingredients. In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the “Ginger honey sauce”.
- Cut the ribs individual pieces. Pad dry the pork with paper towel. In a baking dish marinate the pork with the sauce. Let it marinate for about 4 hours..
- Preheat the oven at 350° F / 176° C. Bake the pork for about 2 hours. Turn around the pork pieces every 20 minutes. Strain the liquid and place it in small pot. Skim off the fat. Mix 1½ tsp. cornstarch with 1 tbsp. water. Bring the liquid to a boil and thick it with the cornstarch..
- Pour the sauce on the ribs and serve..
When the oil is very hot and slightly smoking, slowly brown the marinated spareribs in several batches. Add the tomatoes, stock and short ribs to the casserole and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, turning the ribs every hour. Chopped spare ribs coated with five spice powder and garlic powder and fried until crispy. Combine ribs, five spice powder, salt, garlic powder, sherry, ground black pepper, and cornstarch.