You can cook Potato Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad
- Prepare 3 lb of petite red potatoes.
- You need 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 6 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of mayo.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of mustard.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped (optional).
- You need 8 of hard-boiled eggs, chopped.
Potato Salad step by step
- In a medium stockpot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium-high and cook for 30 minutes. Must be fork tender, if not sure cook for 5 minutes. Drain water and set potatoes aside to cool. (Cool for 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, hard boil eggs in a sauce pan. Cover eggs with water. Bring to boil and cook for 12 minutes. Drain water and then put eggs under cool water until they are cool enough to peel..
- While eggs and potatoes are cooking, chop onion, celery, and parsley. Add into a large mixing bowl wit mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Chop eggs and potatoes once cool and mix into the salad..