Smothered pork chops. Smothered Pork Chops – Juicy and delicious pan-seared pork chops cooked in a rich and delicious gravy. More Ways to Search: Recipe Index · Ingredients Index. Many classic smothered pork chop recipes include a mushroom gravy.
Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture and then dredge them in the seasoned flour; shaking off the excess. Smothered pork chops are a Southern comfort classic featuring pan-fried pork chops covered in Pork chops come from the loin of the pig, which can be roasted whole or cut into chops or cutlets. You can have Smothered pork chops using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered pork chops
- Prepare of Flour.
- Prepare of Sazon.
- You need of Adobo.
- You need of Flour.
- It’s of Pepper.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Boneless pork chops.
- You need of Water.
Reviews for: Photos of Smothered Pork Chops. These smothered pork chops really hit the spot. Thick cut pork chops are pan seared and smothered in onion gravy — just what you need to chase away the winter blues. Move the pork chops around the skillet a bit and let them cook until they're sizzling around the edges and golden on the first side.
Smothered pork chops step by step
- Clean pork chops.
- Season in ziplock with sazon and abobo I put 2 shakes of adobo and 1 season packet of sazon to mine and I shake the bag to coat it.
- Add flour to ziplock enough to cover pork chops evenly I just shake the bag and pour like a cup of flour in the ziplock.
- Take a pan with oil halfway in it make sure the pan you use is oven safe cause you will be using the oven too.Heat oil and fry pork chops 10 mins each side.
- After it is fried on each side take a ham season pack can use chicken too I just didn't have it. Make a empty spot in middle of pan leave pork chops in the pan add the 1 season pack of ham or chicken flavor packet and a hand full of flour can do 2 and add 3 shakes of flour mix it in the middle first than mix all in pan even around pork chops.
- After that add a 8 oz cup water to it still mixing let simmer.
- Once simmer put oven to 400 put pan in let bake at 400 for 20mins than done.
Fork tender, juicy, and well-seasoned pork chops smothered in a savory onion-garlic gravy. A delicious classic Southern comfort food that will keep you wanting for more. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with salt. Smothered Pork Chops. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The Best Pork Chop Recipe : Smothered Pork Chops Recipe.