Quinoa and cannellini bean burgers.
You can have Quinoa and cannellini bean burgers using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa and cannellini bean burgers
- Prepare 1 can of drained rinsed cannellini beans.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon zest plus juice of half lemon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn (canned or thawed frozen).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely diced red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of finely minced shallot.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced flat leaf parsley.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dried herb (thyme, marjoram, dill etc).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Just Egg (egg substitute) or 1 small beaten egg.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste *start with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Quinoa and cannellini bean burgers instructions
- In a large bowl mash the beans (I used potato masher) till all smashed then add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. It should be able to form a patty now, if not add a little more panko..
- Cover mixture and put in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a half cup measuring cup or ring mold,press mixture in to form patties, you should get 6 to 8 from this batch..
- You can put patties on wax paper and refrigerate up to 3 days at this point..
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium/medium high heat and add a tablespoon of high smoke point oil like coconut or avocado..
- Gently place the desired number of burgers in the pan. Cook for two minutes.
- Carefully flip burger and press with back of spatula with even pressure until burger is about 1/2 thick. Cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn burger again and continue cooking for another 4 minutes until browned on both sides and cooked thru..