You can have Carnitas Tacos using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carnitas Tacos
- You need 2 lbs of Leftover pulled pork.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Lard.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried ground Ancho chillies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of tbps Tomato paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of Note.
- You need of Substitute Anchos will chili powder.
Carnitas Tacos instructions
- In a skillet. Melt 2 tbsp of lard on medium heat. Add in pork and fry until the ends are crispy but the middle is still tender..
- In a bowl mix together Ancho chili powder, 1 cup warm Chicken stock, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, and salt..
- Add chili mixture to the pork and mix. Simmer on a low heat until the pork absorbs the sauce. Serve on a homemade flour or corn tortilla. Top with cilantro, onion, lime juice, and salsa..