Sizzling Street Pork Tacos.
You can have Sizzling Street Pork Tacos using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sizzling Street Pork Tacos
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of pork shoulder, not too lean, in thin 1/2-inch strips or cubes.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of ground guajillo, ancho or other medium-hot red chile.
- You need 1 tsp of toasted, coarsely ground cumin.
- Prepare 3 tbs of vegetable oil or good-quality lard.
- You need 2 dozen of small corn tortillas, ideally 4 1/2 inches, for serving.
- It’s of Tomato salsa, onion and cilantro for serving.
Sizzling Street Pork Tacos instructions
- Season the pork generously with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, chile powder and cumin, and mix well, massaging the seasoning into the meat with fingers. Let the meat marinate for at least an hour, or refrigerate overnight..
- Heat the oil in a wide cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the oil looks wavy, add the meat and let it sizzle, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep meat warm.
- Heat the tortillas on an ungreased hot griddle or cast iron pan. Turn them once or twice until hot and slightly puffed. As they come off the griddle, stack them on a cloth napkin to steam, with another napkin on top..
- To assemble the tacos, stack 2 hot tortillas on a plate. Spoon on a little sizzled pork, then top with a spoonful of tomatillo salsa. Garnish with onion and cilantro sprigs. Serve and eat immediately..