Chakhokbili (ჩახოხბილი) Georgian Poultry Stew.
You can cook Chakhokbili (ჩახოხბილი) Georgian Poultry Stew using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chakhokbili (ჩახოხბილი) Georgian Poultry Stew
- You need 4 tbsp of butter or bacon lard.
- You need 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 kg of chicken meat.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon, juice of.
- You need 2 of fresh green chillies (jalapeños, but I use siling haba).
- You need 1 (400 g) of can diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine or chicken stock.
- You need of to taste salt and pepper.
- Prepare of fresh minced basil, dill, cilantro, tarragon (optional).
Chakhokbili (ჩახოხბილი) Georgian Poultry Stew step by step
- Melt butter or lard in a medium saucepan or Dutch oven. Sauté onions and garlic under medium heat until the onions are slightly transparent, about five minutes.
- Add chicken and let it cook until done, about ten minutes.
- Add dry spices, salt/pepper to taste, stir well and cook for 2–3 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, green chillies, stock/wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, then simmer for 15–20 minutes..
- Add half the chopped fresh herbs, stir well and cook for ten more minutes..
- Top with the other half of the fresh herbs and serve hot with flat bread, couscous, or steamed rice..