Classic egg tadka. Bengali Egg Tadka/Veg Tarka Fry—Easy, Perfect Dhaba-style—Kolkata Street Food Recipes. Egg Tadka – Bengali Dhaba Style Egg Tarka dal Recipe. Egg Tadka or Dim'er Tarka is one of the most popular recipe in any restaurant or road side Dhaba.
My encounter with this Egg tadka dal was in a dhaba in West Bengal as well. Masala scrambled eggs cooked with dal. A Punjab speciality and is available widely in the dhabas. You can cook Classic egg tadka using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic egg tadka
- It’s 200 g of urad daal (split toor daal).
- It’s 100 gm of channa daal (bengal gram daal).
- You need 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 of tomato (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 of stem ginger (finely chopped).
- You need 4-5 of garlic pod (finely chopped).
- It’s 4-5 of green chili (slit).
- It’s 2 of eggs (scrambled).
- You need of Spices:.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of red chili powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of garam masala powder (can use whole cloves/cinnamon/cardamom).
- You need 4-5 tbsp of kasauri methi (dried fenugreek leaves).
- You need of 1 tbsp methi (fenugreek)seeds.
- You need of 2tbsp butter.
It is very popular lentil dish in Northern India. This is a very easy dish and is served hot with rotis, tandoori. This Classic Egg Salad gets an upgrade with boiled eggs, cream cheese, celery and croissants! Dhaba style egg tadka dish with stepwise pictures and tips: A simple, flavorful, and.
Classic egg tadka instructions
- Pressure cook the lentil/daal with 2-3cups water..
- Put some oil in a pan and add in the methi seeds.Fry the onion/tomatoes/ginger/garlic/chillies along with methi seeds.Gradually add in the spice mix (cumin,coriander,garam masala) and sauté well till the oil separates..
- Add in the boiled lentils at this stage and stir well.Mix with the scrambled egg and garnish with kasauri methi leaves and a dollop of ghee/butter. The aromatic tadka ready to eat and goes well with naan/kulcha/parathaa..
Bengali Egg Tadka/Veg Tarka Fry-Easy, Perfect Dhaba-style-Kolkata Street Food Recipes. Every part of India has its own version of the egg curry. This is the Bengali take on the classic dish. Egg Tadka or Dim'er Tarka is one of the most popular recipe in any restaurant or road side Dhaba. Here is most popular Dhaba Style Egg Tadka Dal recipe.