Hungarian Vegetable stew (Lecsó).
You can have Hungarian Vegetable stew (Lecsó) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hungarian Vegetable stew (Lecsó)
- Prepare 3 lb of pepper.
- It’s 1-2 lb of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of yellow onions.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 14 oz of smoked sausage.
- It’s 5-6 tbs of lard or vegetable shortening.
- You need 1/2 tbs of paprika.
- You need of Salt, pepper to taste z.
Hungarian Vegetable stew (Lecsó) instructions
- First wash the vegetables in cold water..
- Cut the ends off the peppers and slice it. Set it aside..
- Cut up tomatoes into bigger chunks. Set it aside..
- If you don't like the tomato skin just put it in to boiling hot water for a few seconds and it easily peel off..
- Slice onions..
- Add lard to pan and cook onions on medium until brown..
- Take it off the heat add paprika and stir..
- Add garlic..
- Put it back on the heat and add peppers..
- Add tomatoes..
- Add about 1/2 tbs of salt and pepper to taste. You can add more later. Add about 2-3 oz of water so bottom doesn't burn down and let it cook on low (3-4)..
- Rinse sausage with cold water and slice it. Set it aside..
- After about 30-35 minutes add sausage. By the time the stew became really juicy without additional water and smells amazing..
- Cook until sausage is fully cooked and peppers are tender. About 20 more minutes or so. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve it with fresh bread or noodles /rotini, spaghetti, fettuccine/ Really anything will goes with it..