Appalachian Sausage Gravy for biscuits.
You can cook Appalachian Sausage Gravy for biscuits using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Appalachian Sausage Gravy for biscuits
- It’s 1/3 roll of hot breakfast sausage.
- You need 1/4 cup of shortening or lard.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
Appalachian Sausage Gravy for biscuits instructions
- Brown sausage in cast iron skillet. Break down sausage into small pieces as you go. Remove sausage from pan, leaving grease behind..
- Add lard to pan and melt. Remove from heat..
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth..
- Gradually, stir in milk..
- Bring to boil while stirring..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute. Remove from heat..
- Add sausage and salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve over biscuits..