Port Tenderloin in Paprika Cream.
You can cook Port Tenderloin in Paprika Cream using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Port Tenderloin in Paprika Cream
- You need 1 1/2 lb of pork tenderloin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of lard or vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion, halved and thinly sliced lengthwise.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 12 oz of (3) sweet peppers, seeded & coarsely chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1 lb of plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
Port Tenderloin in Paprika Cream instructions
- Pat pork dry and sprinkle with 1 tsp. salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp. lard in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown pork in 2 batches, turning once, 2-4 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate..
- Add remaining 3 tbsp. lard to skillet and reduce heat to moderate. Add onion, garlic and peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until onion and peppers are beginning to brown, 7-8 minutes..
- Stir in paprika, tomatoes and 1 tsp. salt and cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes have broken down and mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes..
- Stir together water, sour cream and flour in a bowl until smooth. Stir into tomato mixture, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes..
- Add pork, with any juices accumulated on plate, and simmer gently until meat is just cooked through, about 12 minutes..
- Goes well served with egg noodles or buttered spaetzle. Also, it is imperative to simmer the pork very gently so that it doesn't become tough..