You can cook Refried Beans using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Refried Beans
- Prepare 4 cup of cooked/canned beans (either red, black or pinto).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fat for sauteing (butter, coconut oil, lard/beef drippings).
- It’s 1 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 5 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder, more or less to taste.
- It’s 1 of milk, water or bean broth, as needed.
Refried Beans instructions
- In large pot, saute onions in fat until translucent..
- Add garlic & cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans and milk as needed for desired consistency (more for thinner paste, less for thicker paste).
- Stir in all spices & bring to a slow simmer..
- Cook on low heat for 10-20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add a splash more milk if it cooks down too much.
- Once it has cooked down enough & the spices have had enough time for the flavors to infuse, mash beans with a potato masher, fork, immersion blender, etc..
- Serve on burritos, with rice, in a taco salad, whatever you fancy!.