Wilted Napa Cabbage w/Bacon Lardons.
You can have Wilted Napa Cabbage w/Bacon Lardons using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wilted Napa Cabbage w/Bacon Lardons
- You need 6 large of Napa Cabbage Leaves.
- It’s 6 oz of Slab Bacon.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Ground Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Sesame Oil.
Wilted Napa Cabbage w/Bacon Lardons step by step
- Slice slab bacon into 3/4-inch cubes. Place in a small saute pan, cover, and cook over low heat for 45 minutes, or until fat is rendered and cubes begin to crisp up on all sides..
- Meanwhile, slice the leafy ends of the Napa cabbage leaves into 1/2-inch slivers. Stop when you get to the thick white centers. They're slightly more bitter and won't wilt. Transfer slivers to a small mixing bowl..
- When the bacon has finished, spoon the cubes into the bowl with the cabbage. The heat and residual fat should begin to wilt the cabbage..
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until cabbage is coated completely. NOTES: I used homemade bacon, so you may need to adjust the salt according to your bacon. Also, the ingredients read 1 "dash" of sesame oil. That is to be 1 drop, but drops are not available units on here. Sesame oil has an extremely strong nutty flavor, so do not use more than a drop or it will overpower everything else..