Fried Gyoza (Ham Sui Gok) with Mochiko Glutinous Rice Flour.
You can cook Fried Gyoza (Ham Sui Gok) with Mochiko Glutinous Rice Flour using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Gyoza (Ham Sui Gok) with Mochiko Glutinous Rice Flour
- You need of Gyoza Filling:.
- You need 125 grams of Frozen peeled shrimp (use them frozen).
- It’s 50 grams of Thinely sliced pork.
- It’s 1/2 of Cooked and chopped bamboo shoots.
- You need 1 1/2 of Shiitake (medium sized).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Umami seasoning.
- It’s 1 dash of Vegetable oil (for frying).
- Prepare of For the dough:.
- It’s 30 grams of Katakuriko.
- It’s 50 ml of Boiling water.
- Prepare 150 grams of Mochiko.
- Prepare 60 grams of Sugar (granulated).
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- You need 35 grams of Lard.
- Prepare of Addition to the oil for deep frying.
- Prepare 1 dash of Sesame oil.
Fried Gyoza (Ham Sui Gok) with Mochiko Glutinous Rice Flour instructions
- Chop all the ingredients roughly, add the seasoning, stir-fry and set aside to cool. Use only a small amount of oil when stir-frying..
- Gradually add in 50 ml of boiling water to the katakuriko and mix well with a whisk. There will be some flour left unmixed but you don't have to worry about it..
- When the katakuriko comes together, cover the bowl with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out..
- Mix the mochiko and sugar with a whisk. When they come together, gradually add in 100 ml of water..
- Keep adding water until the dough is soft like earlobes. You may have water left at the end or may need to add some more to get the softness..
- Combine the katakuriko dough to the mochiko dough and knead well..
- When the mochiko dough and katakuriko dough are combined, knead in the lard. Knead well until everything is thoroughly mixed..
- Divide the dough into 10-12 portions. Wrap the filling with the wrappers and fold in the same way as making gyoza..
- The wrappers tear easily when they get dried so cover them with plastic wrap or spray them with water from time to time..
- To add flavor, add the sesame oil to the frying oil and heat it up to 160℃. Slowly deep fry on both sides until they are golden brown..
- The mochiko dough will expand and may tear but it will close and the slit will disappear..
- Remove once they are golden brown and place them on a rack to drain off the oil. Transfer to a serving dish and it's done!.