Instant pot egg bites. How Do You Make Instant Pot Egg Bites? This recipe uses three large eggs to make seven egg bites, using this model of silicone mold. Searching "egg bite mold" on Amazon yields tons of results, and any of the similarly-shaped brands will work well.
They are copycat Starbucks sous vide egg bites with one main ingredient and same fluffy with no blender. Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites are just like the ones you'd find at Starbucks. By making them at home in your electric pressure cooker, you'll save lots of money and you can totally customize them with your favorite flavors. You can cook Instant pot egg bites using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot egg bites
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of shredded cheese – I used aged cheddar but recipe calls for Gruyére Cheese, shredded (or emmental, jarlsberg, beaufort, or comté cheese).
- You need 1/8 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Chives or green onion minced (if you have a good blender then just cut up).
- You need 3 slices of Cooked Thick Sliced Bacon, chopped (or 1/2 cup Cooked Crumbled Sausage).
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Optional Add-Ins: • corn, 1 tsp Hot Sauce • 1/2 cup Broccoli (cooked, chopped small) • 1/2 cup Tomatoes, deseeded, diced • 1/2 cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers, diced • 1/2 cup Mushrooms, diced.
- Prepare of Tools needed for instant pot:.
- You need of Cooking Spray Egg Bites Silicone Mold.
- Prepare of Instant Pot® Pressure Cooker.
- It’s of Trivet/Rack w/long handles, for the mold to sit on.
- It’s of Blender.
- You need of And Foil.
Instant Pot Egg Bites are super easy and fun to make in the pressure cooker. They are delicious and are the perfect addition to your breakfast menu. Also, check out the short video tutorial attached below! We love eggs for breakfast, but these bites are so versatile and fun to make, that everyone should try.
Instant pot egg bites step by step
- Spray the silicone egg bites mold with the cooking spray. Then Set aside..
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, heavy cream, (use whatever cheese you love) Gruyére cheese, pepper, and chives to the blender and blend for 2 minutes on medium speed, or blend well or until the mixture is light and fully. Be careful not to blend dark ingredients with you egg mixture. The result could look nasty but taste delicious..
- Next fill the egg bite mold openings halfway with the egg mixture. Then add 3/4 of the chopped bacon or other add-ins you decided on (I used mushrooms and corn) and gently press them in. Continue filling with the egg mixture, and top with remaining bacon, and press it in..
- Pour 1 cup of water into the inner stainless liner of the pot. Then set the full egg bites mold on the trivet and very carefully set it in the pot. Loosely cover with foil..
- Close the lid of the pot and set the steam release knob to the sealing position..
- Press the Pressure Cook or Manual button (or dial) then press the +/- button (or dial) to select 8 minutes. The pot will take a few minutes to come to pressure..
- When the cook cycle is finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 8 minutes (8 minute Natural Release). Then open the steam release valve to Quick Release the remaining pressure until the pin in the lid drops down..
- Open the lid and remove the foil. Use silicone mitts to grasp the trivet handles and carefully remove the egg bites mold. Set aside to rest for about 4 minutes. They may be puffed up quite a bit, but they will go back down. They will come out of the mold easier if they cool a little..
- Serve warm as is, or with any garnish you like..
- Recipe Notes *If you like lots of add-ins in one batch, you may have too much mixture for one mold to hold it all. Maybe consider getting a second mold, or make another batch. One batch yields 7 Instant Pot Egg Bites.
- Calories: 118 kcal per egg bite.
Egg Bites Not Fully Cooked: If the egg bites are still somewhat wet (not fully cooked) after pressure cooking, place them back in the Instant Pot Place trivet with the egg bites mold in Instant Pot. Close lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing position. Pressure Cooking Method: Pressure Cook at. Egg Bites, Pancake Bites, Oatmeal Bites. There are a couple of suggested tools when making these babies…a blender, a a silicone baby food mold , and a Steamer Rack Trivet(this should have come.