Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce.
You can have Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce
- It’s 1/4 of kilo Prawns.
- Prepare 1 of salted egg, 2 if using yolk only.
- Prepare 1/2 head of garlic.
- You need 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare of Coating.
- You need 1/2 pack of Crispy Fry chicken breading mix (25-30g) or use seasoned cornstarch or flour.
- You need of Marinade.
- You need 2 of jiggers/shots Soju (Korean alcoholic beverage- Chamisul Original, Classic, or Fresh).
- It’s 1/4 of Shrimp broth cube/bullion.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of Coco Cream Mixture (if no available fresh coconut cream).
- You need 3 of heaping Tbsp of Coconut powder dissolved in 1/8c water.
- It’s 1/2 c of all-purpose cream.
Soju Drunken Prawns in Salted Egg and Coco Cream Sauce instructions
- First prep the prawns: devein the prawns, with scissors cut the back part of shell from head to tail carefully then remove the vein. Snip away the long whiskers and trim the legs..
- Prepare the marinade: in a container or ziploc bag, pour in the Soju and dissolve the 1/4 shrimp broth cube in it..
- Season the prawns with salt and pepper then marinate in the Soju mixture. Turn prawns every now and then while prepping the cream mixture. The picture below shows less liquid cos it has been absorbed..
- While marinating the prawns, prepare the coconut-salted egg cream mixture. If you have no coco cream, you can dissolve 3 heaping tbsps of coconut powder in a small amount of water then add to your all-purpose cream. Stir and mix well. Taste, and add more coconut powder if it doesn't taste coconut-y as you like..
- Prep your salted egg by cutting it up in small pieces. Your choice to include the whites or just the yolks. (1 egg or 2 yolks per 1/4k prawns)..
- Add the chopped salted egg to your coconut cream mixture. With a spoon, stir and mash it on the sides. It won't totally dissolve, that's okay. Below picture still have big pieces so I mashed it on the sides and kept stirring. Then set aside for later..
- Prepare your coating mix in a container (with lid) as you heat the non-stick pan with cooking oil. One by one remove prawns from the Soju marinade and place in your coating mix. Cover with lid and shake until coated. Set aside for cooking..
- Shallow fry both sides of the coated prawns in hot oil (or butter&oil) until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Cook all and set aside. Save the remaining oil drippings for later if you want (tasty!)..
- In another non-stick pan, heat the butter, cook the garlic until light golden. Add the coco cream mixture and bring to a simmer in low heat. You'll see the oil rise (looks like cream is splitting but that's okay)..
- Drop in your golden prawns. Stir gently and mix in the sauce well. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Don't over cook!.
- Plate and serve with rice and/or a salad with prawn drippings. Enjoy!.