~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie. I have made Mexican Wedding Cookies for more than half my life. It was taught to me by my Auntie Nacia when I was in high school. In authentic Mexican cooking, lard, not shortening, is used.
Crumbly, buttery, and nutty – Mexican Wedding Cookies are irresistible. Make with pecans, walnuts, almonds, or any other nut. There's something irresistible about Mexican Wedding cookies. You can cook ~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of ~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of lard.
- You need 1 cup of unsalted softened butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of anaise seed.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 cup of sweet wine or cooking sherry.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of dusting.
- Prepare 2 cup of powder sugar.
I can't help but reach for them whenever they appear on a cookie platter. Mexican Wedding Cookies – melt-in-your-mouth, buttery, pecan dotted cookies are rolled in sweet blizzard of snowy white powdered sugar and you'll be savoring every tender bite. Mexican wedding cookies go by various names, including "Mexican wedding cakes." Whatever the name, you know the cookie: soft, tender, nutty, and coated in powdered sugar. It's a crowd-pleaser that can be made with any type of nut.
~Bizcochos~mexican wedding cookie instructions
- preheat oven 350.
- start by creamin your lard and butter together till lighter and fluffy.add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and beat well..
- to wet mix add flour, cinnamon, anaise & baking powder mix well.Slowly incorporate wine..
- once your dough is ready lightly flour counter and roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick.cut desired shapes..
- bake 15 minutes. as soon as they come out of oven dust in powder sugar.ENJOY.. this is my family recipe from texas..
- Note: you can substitute the wine for fruit juice such as oj or pineapple juice.
- and the original recipe calls for all lard but I like it with half butter half lard gives that flaky yummy cookie…
The recipe is a Yummly original created by Saura Madani. It IS really good~ I gave a cookie to a couple of friends, and my student advisor, and got really good comments on them. These scrumptious Mexican Wedding Cookies are perfect for any occasion. They are buttery, crumbly, nutty, and topped with whole almonds! These Mexican Wedding Cookies are soft, buttery pecan cookies that melt-in-your-mouth!