Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina.
You can cook Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina
- Prepare 6 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 9 of heaping tsp Lard or Shortening.
- You need 2 cup of Hot Water.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina instructions
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the lard and mix well into the flour.
- Starting the water about a half cup at a time, once added begin to mix by hand.
- Once all water is added begin to work and knead the dough: add water if to dry, add flour if too sticky.
- Work for about 7 min or until not sticky and all dough has come off your hands, let dough rest 10 min..
- Start heating flat griddle or "comal" for cooking tortillas.
- Make "testales" or little balls about the size of a tangerine: make bigger balls for bigger tortillas.
- Roll out flat, about size of a dinner plate and place on heat, flip when u start to see bubbles..
- Once both sides have received heat, gently press on tortillas with rolled up kitchen towel until slightly browned. *careful with steam*.
- Wrap cooked tortillas in kitchen towel…store wrapped in towel in plastic bag..