Tenderflake™ Perfect Pastry.
You can have Tenderflake™ Perfect Pastry using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tenderflake™ Perfect Pastry
- Prepare of tt.
- Prepare 6 cup of Flour cake and pastry…….OR.
- It’s 5 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of lard….NOT SHORTENING….
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of egg – lightly beaten.
- You need 1 of cold water.
Tenderflake™ Perfect Pastry step by step
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Cut in the LARD with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- In a 1 cup measure, combine vinegar and egg. Add enough water to make total 1 cup.
- Gradually stir liquid into flour mixture. Add only enough water to make dough cling together..
- Gather into a ball and divide into 6 portions for pie crusts. Wrap unused portions and refridgerate or freeze..
- Roll out each portion used on lightly floured surface. If dough is sticking, chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer dough to pie plate as normal.
- MAKES THREE 9 – inch double crust pies or 6 pie shells.
- Always good idea to cool before roll out..