Roasted chicken spaghetti squash and pesto. Chicken is coated with pesto and layered in a cheesy spaghetti squash bake in this creative twist on baked pasta that your family will love. Layer half the marinara sauce, ricotta mixture, and pesto chicken on top of squash in the casserole dish. This chicken pesto dish with spaghetti squash is a great new paleo version of your favorite Italian recipe.
Truth: I've been roasting winter squash for weeks. While the squash roast, cook chicken via your favorite method or squirrel away leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Simply use a fork to liberate the tasty spaghetti squash noodles from their shell and pile them high with all the tasty toppings from the recipe above. You can have Roasted chicken spaghetti squash and pesto using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted chicken spaghetti squash and pesto
- Prepare of Whole chicken.
- You need 2 Tbls of olive oil.
- It’s 2 Tbs of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s of Pesto.
- Prepare 4 cups of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmigiana.
- You need 2/3 cup of pine nuts.
- Prepare 1 of large garlic clove.
- You need of Spaghetti squash.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. Swap the pasta for a low-carb alternative in this Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Spicy Roasted Chickpeas recipe! This vegetarian dinner is high in fibre, protein and certainly not lacking on flavor! Delicious fragrant pesto chicken over sweet roasted spaghetti squash with chicken and parmesan cheese.
Roasted chicken spaghetti squash and pesto step by step
- Add pesto ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined..
- Combine all ingredients with chicken and rub all over chicken. Then put it on a baking rack and put it in the oven for the hour to hour an a half. When the thigh meat temps to 165 degrees. At 425 degrees.
- Now slice the squash in half and take out seeds. Rub down with salt and olive oil. Place face down and bake 30-40 mins at the 425 degrees..
- Shred the squash and chicken. Make your plate and enjoy..
This recipe uses spaghetti squash in place of pasta, which also boosts the nutrition of the recipe. The pesto and Parmesan create a delicious flavor combination. Add in the spaghetti squash, pesto, and chicken, and toss until well combined. After the mixture is heated through, toss in the cherry tomatoes and give Definitely agree to use chicken breast instead of thigh. It would have been much better— thigh is just kinda weird.