Chicken and sausage gumbo. All Reviews for Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it and add it back to the pot. Serve with white rice or potato salad (or both) spooned into the gumbo.
Chef Isaac Toups, of Toups Meatery, teaches us how to make a New Orleans style chicken and sausage gumbo. Isaac lets us in on the importance of taking it. Remove and shred meat, and discard bones and skin; stir meat back into gumbo. You can have Chicken and sausage gumbo using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and sausage gumbo
- Prepare 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed.
- It’s 1 link of Cajun sausage sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of fine chopped green bell.
- You need 4 of fresh red chiles fine chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery fine chopped.
- You need 3 of large garlic minced.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
- It’s 32 oz of bold chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 of + 1bsp oil (canola).
- Prepare 1/2 of + 1 tbsp flour.
- You need of Cajun seasoning (I use Webber).
This classic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking. Although we're only making chicken and sausage gumbo today, we'd like to talk a bit about seafood gumbo. Seafood gumbo is one of many variants of gumbo recipe. How to Make a Healthy Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe.
Chicken and sausage gumbo step by step
- Add oil to a cast iron enamel pot and sprinkle in flour and make a dark chocolate roux and put into a separate glass container.
- No need to wipe the pot so just add your sliced sausage to the pot and sear and remove.
- Now add the chicken thighs and sear both sides and remove.
- Add in all the veggies, sweat down until really soft.
- Add in the chicken, sausage, tbsp Cajun seasoning, chicken stock, 1 cup water, bay leaves and cover until the chicken is ready to be pulled, about 30 to 40 minutes (I remove them and pull them so I can get rid of any leftover fatty pieces) add the pulled chicken back to the pot.
- Whisk in your roux and simmer on low until it starts to thicken and taste for seasonings (if you need to add a little water to thin you can) add hot sauce to taste.
This is a simplified step-by-step gumbo recipe In this authentic chicken and sausage gumbo recipe, add filé, a Creole herb found in better markets. Stir in the smoked sausage and tasso. Smoky sausage, okra, tender chicken and vegetables makes this a delicious dish. Get a taste of New Orleans cuisine at home with this savory and delicious chicken andouille sausage gumbo! Smoky sausage, okra, and aromatic vegetables make this an authentic recipe perfect for sharing.