Steamed eggplant with soy sauce and ginger. Small Japanese eggplants are cut into "sticks" and barely steamed for a crisp-tender side dish that's good with fish. First steamed, then stir-fried, succulent eggplant mingles with sweet fried garlic, soy sauce, and ginger in this quick vegetarian entrée. Remove from steamer and let cool.
Marcia Kiesel likes dressing up tender Asian eggplant with a vibrant fresh-ginger sauce that would also be wonderful with steamed fish or poached chic. Eggplant isn't like green beans or broccoli that you can just steam and top with butter. You really need to do something with it. You can have Steamed eggplant with soy sauce and ginger using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steamed eggplant with soy sauce and ginger
- You need 2 of small Asian eggplants.
- Prepare of ●1/8 tsp Salt.
- Prepare of ●2 TBSP Sesame oil.
- Prepare of ☆2 TBSP Mentsuyu.
- It’s of ☆1 scallion.
- Prepare of ☆2 TBSP ginger.
This recipe for Japanese eggplant stir-fried with ginger in a miso sake sauce comes from my friend Nancy Hachisu's stunning new cookbook, Japanese Farm Food (great book. Also, I couldn't really tell if my eggplants were done steaming the first. Drain, refresh in iced water, then drain again. Pat dry with paper towels, then place in a bowl with eggplant and tofu.
Steamed eggplant with soy sauce and ginger instructions
- Mince the scallion and grate the ginger..
- Cut eggplant in half then make 1/4 inch shallow cut into the eggplant. Then cut to 2 inch pieces. Soak in water for 10 minutes to remove the harshness..
- In a microwave safe bowl, put the eggplant and the ingredients of ●. Cover with a wet pepper towel and microwave for 5 minutes..
- In the same bowl, Add the ingredients of ☆ and mix them well. If you could leave it for 15 minutes or more, it tastes better because the sauce will soak up more. Enjoy 👍.
Add dressing, season to taste, and. Add garlic, red chile peppers, ginger and green onion. Stir these aromatics until they become Combine aromatics with eggplant and stir fry for one minute. Add soy sauce, black vinegar and sugar and stir to combine all. Add olive oil, then add onions, ginger and garlic.