You can cook Beef Rendang using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- You need 1 kg of rump steak.
- It’s 2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of small red chillies, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tamarind sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of stem lemon grass.
- It’s 4 cups of coconut milk.
Beef Rendang step by step
- In a food processor, combine onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and water until smooth..
- In a pot, add the mixture to steak. Add the coriander, tamarind sauce, turmeric, curry leaves and lemon grass. Add the coconut milk. Stir until well combined..
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer for another 30 minutes until meat is tender. Stir frequently so that it doesn’t stick to the pot or burn..
- Once the the meat is very tender, turn off heat and remove the lemon grass..