Beef stir fry.
You can cook Beef stir fry using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef stir fry
- Prepare 1 of broccoli crown, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of large red pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 250 g of white mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 450 g of beef flank steak, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, cut into matchsticks.
- Prepare 1 of heap tsp cornstsrch.
- It’s 4 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
Beef stir fry step by step
- Put a large nonstick pan on the highest temp it can take. Add a large splash of veg oil. Once hot, add the broccoli and fry about 2 minutes until it's softened but still crisp, with some scorched bits. Remove the broccoli to a plate..
- Repeat the above step with the carrot, then red pepper, then mushrooms..
- Add another splash of veg oil to the pan and sear the beef. Once no pink remains, add the onion, garlic, and ginger and fry 1 minute. Sprinkle in the cornstarch and give everything a stir..
- Combine the hoisin and rice vinegar, along with several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Pour it into the pan. Add 1/2 cup cold water and stir until the sauce thickens. Return all the veg to the pan and toss. Serve with freshly steamed rice..